Hydralube, located in Louisiana, US, is a leader in power generation services and specializes in electro hydraulic controlled (EHC) systems and fluid remediation. We meet and exceed our customers’ expectations, providing exceptional quality, while maintaining an optimum safety record at a reasonable price.
We have over 80 years of experience in EHC and lube oil systems. Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- New construction
- Normal planned outages
- Emergency outages
- Restoration projects
- EHC services
- Hydraulic cylinder and pump repairs
- HPU pump and filter upgrades
EHC system flushing
Contamination is the largest problem associated with EHC systems, which can often result in costly turbine outages. One of the highest categories of forced outages on electro hydraulic controlled (EHC) steam turbines over the past ten years has been the turbine trip and monitoring system.
In the majority of cases, fluid contamination in the high-pressure fluid system of the trip and monitoring system is responsible for forced outages. Since the fluid is the heart of the system, contamination has become a major concern in maintaining unit reliability.
Systematic EHC flushing process
The only way to remove harmful deposits in EHC systems is through a systematic flushing process. The fluid used in the flushing process contains acids, which dissolve the deposits and flush them back to the reservoir where they are removed. The acids are then removed from the hydraulic system following the flush.
Hydralube provides a flushing service that will last. The flushing procedure includes the following elements:
- An on-site meeting conducted prior to the flush to go over the details of the flush, including scheduling manpower and supplies
- A customized, flushing procedure based on years of experience
- A complete list of supplies needed for the flush, including part numbers, quantities, and suppliers (such as fluid, filters and o-rings)
- An external kidney loop filtering unit that assures no particulates are added to the system when adding fluid to the reservoir during the flush; this considerably shortens the flush time
- Experienced on-site system engineers to act as the technical directors for your supplied labor force to assure proper procedures are followed throughout the flush
- An on-site independent fluid analysis representative takes fluid samples and analyzes them throughout the flush
- A thorough written report detailing how the system was found, what was done, and how the system was left
Vacuum dehydration oil-purification systems
Hydralube’s vacuum dehydration oil-purification systems are designed to effectively remove free, emulsified and dissolved water, particulate, and gaseous contamination from petroleum and synthetic-based fluids. By the physical principle of vacuum dehydration, 100% of free and emulsified water can be removed as well as 90% of dissolved water, air and gases. Water content can be reduced to less than 25PPM and particulate can be reduced down to ISO 14/12/9 levels.
With our vacuum dehydration oil-purification systems, users can extend the life of all rotation equipment, eliminate downtime associated with contaminated fluids, raise dielectric vales in dielectric fluids and maximize oil life. The systems are provided with the following options:
- Flow rates from 1GPM to 100GPM
- NEMA 4 and NEMA 7 explosion proof
- Voltages from 240V single phase to 480V three phase
- Fluid transfer hoses and electrical cords
- Simple to use and portable
- Buna or Viton® seals
High velocity turbine oil flushing
Hydralube/Turbo Filtration Corporation performs high velocity lube oil system flushes for turbines from 40GPM to 5,600GPM, while working with a controlled temperature up to 185°F. All equipment is wired in 50/60 cycles of 480V, in order to meet both US and international standards.
Lube oil flushing
After setting the lube oil system up for a high velocity flush by removing all restrictions to flow (using an external flush pump and filter), oil will be flushed through the lube oil system at approximately three to six times its normal flow rate. This high volume of oil will remove scale and particulate from the piping and flush it back to the main oil reservoir where it will be filtered. Thermal shocks to the system will greatly enhance the cleaning process.
The high velocity flush is for the purpose of cleaning the system. Super clean oil is simply a by-product of the process that eliminates the need to replace the old turbine oil or the disposal of oil by saving thousands of dollars, plus the peace of mind in knowing that you have a clean system and clean oil.