Power Plant Measuring Instrumentation
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Endress+Hauser is a leading provider of measuring instrumentation to power plants worldwide. We design and manufacture a full complement of industry-optimised measurement instrumentation for every step of the process.
Below is an overview of our products and their application use throughout the power plant.
CORIOLIS FLOW MEASUREMENT IN START-UP/SUPPORT BURNER
PROline Promass is a compact transmitter for direct measurement of mass (kg/h) for exact batching and control of the combustion process in combination burners. Installed in the oil flow line it can be used where additional instrumentation is not necessary.
- No moving parts - unimpeded flow and operation of the furnace
- Safe measurement, even with poor quality oil
- Replacement for mechanical systems, which can obstruct and block the furnace oil flow line
DESALINATION VOLUMETRIC FLOWMETERS
Volumetric flowmeters are required for the supply of deionised water in the water/steam circuit for desalination. The Prowirl vortex flowmeter is a compact flowmeter for volume measurement in deionised water.
- Reliable measurement, independent of deionate conductivity
- Large measuring dynamics, i.e. turndown
- Little pressure loss
ELECTROMAGNETIC FLOWMETER FOR CONTROL OF RAW WATER SUPPLY
The compact flowmeter PROline Promag, flanged version, is a special flowmeter for raw water usage. Raw water is required for the replacement for the condensate loss in the cooling system and as replacement for the feedwater in the steam circuit. Available in sizes from 25mm-2,000mm.
- Simple commissioning with userfriendly Quick Setup
- Large display and plain language text
- Relay outputs can be configured for error indication, material and limit value monitoring
- Pulse and analogue outputs are fitted as standard and are freely configurable
ULTRASONIC FLOWMETER FOR CONTROL OF WATER VOLUMES IN MAIN COOLING WATER SYSTEM
PROline Prosonic Flow is an ultrasonic time of flight measuring instrument that is installed directly on the pipelines via our DDU sensors. The ultrasonic flowmeter is used for the control of water volumes in the main water-cooling system. The transmitter DMU, which is mounted separately, completes the measurement system.
- External installation - easy to retrofit with no intrusion into the pipe
- Maintenance-free - no moving parts
- No obstructions in the pipeline - no pressure loss
- Economical alternative for large diameters up to 4,000mm
AUTOMATIC pH ELECTRODE MEASUREMENT AND CLEANING
For pH measurement within the pipe a system featuring automatic cleaning and calibration consists of an electrode, a retractable electrode holder and TopClean S (including Mycom S transmitter, control unit and injector). A retractable electrode holder enables removal and cleaning of electrode without interrupting the process. TopClean S continuously monitors the pH value and enables timed as well as triggered cleaning cycles.
For pH measurement in the neutralisation tank a system featuring automatic cleaning consists of an electrode, an immersion assembly, an injector and Liquisys M transmitter.
Liquisys M is a conductivity transmitter. It is available as a panel or a field mounted device. Its modular concept, in combination with the conductivity probe CLS, allows for simple upgrading and easy adaptation to the measurement.
- Easy operation with short text display
- Automatic temperature compensation for clean water
- Configurable relay outputs
- CLS conductivity cell is suitable for high pressures and temperatures
CONDUCTIVITY AND OXYGEN MEASUREMENT
OxyMax is a trace sensor for oxygen measurement in boiler feedwater. The trace sensor and the flow assembly COA are especially developed for the processes with minimum concentrations of dissolved oxygen.
- Fast response time of the sensor by minimised inner volume of fl ow assembly
- High reliablity of sensor due to sensor self monitoring
- Easy removal of sensor for calibration in air; no zero calibration required
Omnigrad TST is a compact resistance thermometer to check water temperatures. TST consists of the measurement insert, thermowell and connecting head. Various process connections for the appropriate application are available.
- Exchangeable insert, stainless steel thermowell
- Variety of transmitters for different standard output signals
THERMOCOUPLE OMNIGRAD TSC
In order to monitor the temperature in the oil line and the boiler burners, the thermocouple Omnigrad TSC and a weld-in pipe (form D) are used. The complete measuring point includes the head transmitter TMT.
- Welded thermowells for high pressures and high temperatures
- Head transmitter TMT in 2-wire version with HART® protocol
Please see the contact details below for more information.