Consolidated Insulation Services Ltd Thermal Insulation and Trace Heating Contractors for the Industrial and HVAC Sectors
Consolidated Insulation Services (CIS) has been established since 1987, and provides high-quality insulation and trace heating services for manufacturing, storage and other industrial facilities covering thermal and cryogenic insulation of process pipework, vessels and bulk storage tanks. We also serve the commercial HVAC market, covering thermal and acoustic insulation of pipework, ductwork and equipment.
Insulation tailored to you
CIS can provide specifications that offer economic thicknesses and finishes, as well as systems tailored to specific conditions, including:
- Trace heating – this provides a source of heat or a guaranteed anti-frost insulation system
- Tailored removable insulated jackets – these jackets are suitable for all types of inline equipment
- Acoustic insulation – this type of insulation is applied to provide a sound barrier between a noise-generating surface and the surrounding area
Benefits of using the correct insulation and trace heating system
Thre are many benefits to using effective insulation, including:
- Saving energy and lowering fuel consumption
- Reducing CO2 emissions
- Reducing costs
- Protecting personnel
- Improving safety on the premises
- Protecting facilities against corrosion
- Reducing risk of freezing
- Reducing noise
Thermal insulation services
We are specialists in the design, supply and installation of numerous insulation and cladding systems, suitable for various markets and environments, including:
- Power generation plants – this necessitates high-temperature thermal insulation in order to conserve heat
- Gas storage tanks and plants – this requires cryogenic and low-temperature thermal insulation to prevent heat gain and condensation
- Oil and chemical bulk storage tanks – special expertise is required for insulating large tanks, and CIS is second to none in this field, with the ability to supply and install the whole range of specifications available
- Chilled water units – insulated to MoD specifications
- Commercial HVACs
Sheet metal services
CIS has two fully-equipped sheet metal workshops that can manufacture and form virtually any shape required, from flange and valve boxes, to vessel cones and domes.
We fabricate and supply all key metals used in the insulation industry, including aluminium, aluzinc, plastisol, as well as galvanised and stainless steel. By constructing our sheet metal in-house, we save you time and money, while ensuring a quality product that meets the highest standards.
We also have sufficient machinery to provide us with the capability to set up on-site workshops on our larger projects throughout the UK.
Removable insulated jackets
CIS can design, supply and fit removable insulated jackets for a variety of applications, including inline equipment, actuators, exhaust systems, turbines, heat exchangers and vessels.
We can design and supply removable insulated jackets to meet your specifications, using the best up-to-date materials. CIS can work from your drawings, as well as conduct a comprehensive site survey of your system to ensure that you get the right specification and the right fit.
In addition, we can also provide an identification and tagging system for each cover, plus an on-site fitting service, offering savings in energy, labour and capital spending.
Our removable insulated jackets provide some key advantages over common rigid metal boxes, as follows:
- Ease of use – they are easy to remove and re-install for essential maintenance and inspection
- Less disruption – installation timing for removable flexible jackets is significantly less and ensures completion of installation prior to plant start-up, which avoids plant operation interference
- Avoids access problems – removable flexible jackets can provide a bespoke tailored solution for individual situations, e.g. restricted space areas
- Saving you money – fitting costs and materials used in removable flexible jackets are generally more cost-effective than metal boxes
- Space saving – when required on-site, removable flexible jackets provide the storage benefit of taking up significantly less volume and space, compared with rigid metal boxes; this offers a saving on expensive site costs
Electric trace heating
CIS can offer a professional service, from design to installation. This includes project and safety management, experienced trace heating installation, as well as a detailed engineer’s report issued upon completion. In addition, our comprehensive insulation services and trace heating solutions means CIS can supply you with the complete thermal protection package.
We can design, supply and install trace heating systems to protect against freezing, as well as process the heating of your system, for both safe and hazardous areas (zones one and two). This covers heat loss calculations, electrical loadings and power consumption measurements.
Whether you need to maintain constant temperatures, protect against freezing, or need process heating for your system, our electric trace heating service will meet your requirements.
CIS is SAFE contractor approved and is a fully-fledged member of the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) and the Insulation and Environmental Training Agency (IETA).
Our management and operatives undergo health and safety training through specific trade bodies, and are provided with refresher courses on a regular basis, including IOSH, CSCS, PASMA, first aid, asbestos awareness, manual handling and IPAF.
Some of our various clients listed below, who have used our insulation services, have subsequently executed contracts with us on a regular or permanent basis. These organisations have very high standards of health, safety and quality requirements, which reflect the level of service we provide.
- ADM Pura Foods
- British Sugar
- Unilever Best Foods
- Calor Gas
- Johnson Controls
- Oikos Storage
- Vopak Terminal London
- Civil and Marine Slag Cement
- MC Integ