Engineering and Training Simulation
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Mahnzi was founded in 2007 through the merging of four companies with specialist skills and more than 25 years' experience in engineering and training simulation, as well as all areas of technical education. This includes training of plant operators to full-time lecturing at universities and acting as mentors and promoters to masters and PhD students.
Mahnzi employs 15 graduate engineers and five specialist consulting engineers. This, together with solid industry partnerships enables us to comfortably handle several concurrent projects over a wide range of industries and allows optimal management and utilization of resources.
Nuclear power plant simulators
Recent projects of Mahnzi's engineering team include the design, development, delivery and commissioning of several full-scope fossil and nuclear power plant simulators. Please visit our website for more information.
Due to its skills set, experience, and access to advanced simulation software, Mahnzi believes that it is well positioned to become the most reliable and cost-efficient provider of engineering and training simulators and services in the world.
Mahnzi provides solutions and services to design, control, operate and optimize:
- Turnkey full-scope operator training simulators
- Turnkey full-scope engineering simulators (enabling efficient control system checkout and engineering analysis)
- Process control and optimization
- Integration of plant, operational and management information systems
- Accredited web-based technical training
IPS advanced simulation software suite
Mahnzi recently acquired the worldwide agency to market and apply the IPS Advanced Simulation Software Suite that is developed by M-Tech Industrial (Pty) Ltd through the innovation fund, a business unit of the Department of Science and Technology of South Africa.
The IPS is an extremely powerful, integrated software platform which enables engineers to develop high fidelity, full-scope plant simulators quicker than ever before. It supports a modern, intuitive graphical user-interface which makes it a pleasure to develop, analyse and train on.
The power of the IPS comes from embracing the latest software technologies and engineering strategies. This not only enables quicker development of full-scope plant simulators, but also delivers higher accuracy, which truly allows engineering analysis and operator training on the same simulation platform, at no extra cost.
The IPS integrates the highly acclaimed Flownex Systems CFD software as multi-phase thermal-fluid solver. It sports a totally open, customizable architecture. Using any Microsoft .NET capable programming language, engineers can easily develop and integrate their own solvers, libraries, schedulers or even control all simulator functionality from an external application.
The following standard solvers and libraries are available for the IPS:
- Multi-phase flow with incondensable gases
- Electrical networks
- Logic and control networks (basic and advanced)
- OPC client (integration to 3rd party control systems)
- Mechanical solver (shafts, gearboxes, bearings etc.)
- Sensors and actuators
- Fossil power (drum, benson, super-critical boilers, various coal mills and burners, etc.)
- Nuclear power (pressurized water reactor, high temperature gas-cooled reactor, etc.)
Operator training simulators
The Mahnzi project team has extensive experience in the field of power station simulation. These include the following operator training simulators in South Africa:
- Tutuka Power Station
- Hendrina Power Station
- Lethabo Power Station
- Koeberg Nuclear Power Plant
- Pebble Bed Modular Reactor (PBMR) - basic simulator
- Pebble Bed Modular Reactor (PBMR) - operator training simulator
- Arnot Power Station
- Helium Test Facility
- Various simulators for mining operations