Effective diagnosis and continuous monitoring are essential to maintain the optimum condition and performance of power systems and equipment. By adopting advanced diagnostic and monitoring solutions, power plant operators can boost operational efficiency while minimising unplanned downtime and maintenance costs.
Timely fault detection and diagnosis can improve the dependability and efficiency of power generation, transmission and distribution processes, as well as prevent potential catastrophic failures and extended maintenance shutdowns caused by operating in degraded conditions.
Finding power sector performance diagnostics and condition monitoring solutions
Power Technology has listed leading providers of condition and performance monitoring equipment and solutions for power applications based on its intel, insights and extensive experience in the sector.
The list includes companies that provide state-of-the-art smart sensor solutions and software tools for diverse monitoring, control and diagnostic applications in power generation and transmission processes.
The information contained within the download document is designed for power plant constructors, operations and maintenance managers, power transmission operations and project managers, power technology consultants and engineers, environmental compliance co-ordinators, procurement officers, and other individuals involved in power systems design, operations, maintenance, and upgrades.
The download contains detailed information on the suppliers and their product lines, as well as contact details to help with purchasing or hiring decisions.
Condition and performance monitoring equipment for the power industry
Recent advances in information and digital technologies have enabled the development of innovative diagnosis and monitoring solutions for power applications. Smart sensor solutions, digital data acquisition systems and intelligent software tools allow real-time monitoring and control to optimise efficiency and allow performance and maintenance issues to be identified and addressed quickly.
Condition and performance monitoring solutions and equipment for the power sector include:
- Web-based and Cloud-based power plant operations data management and real-time plant monitoring, analysis, and control solutions
- Turbine condition monitoring solutions, including vibration and rotational speed measurement, inspection, and analysis
- Boiler and turbine efficiency, thermal stress, and material degradation monitoring software tools
- Over-speed protection, roller bearing fault detection and laser alignment of rotating power machinery
- Corrosion and erosion monitoring systems
- Oil condition monitoring for turbines and compressors
- Voltage testing and measurement systems
- Power quality loggers and analysers
- Monitoring accessories for power transformers and transformer oil analysis software
- Sensor solutions for predictive maintenance of wind turbines and subsea inspection for offshore wind farms
- X-ray and computerised tomography (CT) systems for non-destructive testing (NDT), inspection and 3D metrology services
- Moisture meters, humidity sensors and flow measurement for dust-laden hot exit gases
- Measuring and control instruments for feedwater, steam and condensate monitoring
- Data loggers and smart control monitoring software for solar facilities
Performance indicators in power generation
Key performance indicators for power generation systems are plant availability, productivity, safety, energy efficiency and environmental performance.
Modern facilities are adopting optimised plant design and high-efficiency power generating equipment to meet key performance goals.
In addition, they require agile monitoring, diagnostics, and control systems to drive processes to their optimal operating conditions while adjusting the operating dynamics of different sub-systems to maximise and maintain power plant performance.