Chevron Lubricants whose products are marketed in Europe under the Texaco brand is pleased to announce further approvals have been gained for its HDAX 9200 engine oil for natural gas application, with the latest from Czech-based TEDOM.
TEDOM, part of the global TEDOM Group is a manufacturer of CHP units for both natural gas and biogas applications. The company exports to more than 40 countries around the world and has offices in China, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Russia, and the US.
Speaking of the latest approval, Paul Nadin-Salter Chevron Lubricants Power Generation Co-Ordinator – Europe said: “We run a continuous programme of extensive field testing with all of our OEM customers and are extremely pleased to have been granted this latest approval by TEDOM. Proof of performance in this market sector is key and HDAX 9200 has proven its reliability and durability time and again with major OEMs such as Caterpillar, GE Jenbacher and now TEDOM.”
HDAX 9200 is a Low Ash Gas Engine Oil which has been formulated with a combination of premium base oils and high-performance additives to extend oil drain periods, offer robust component protection with reliable corrosion resistance and ensure good combustion chamber deposit protection.
HDAX 9200 is designed for the latest generation high output, turbocharged, low emission 4-stroke engines which require low ash lubricant technology. The oil has strong oxidation and nitration resistance and strong base retention characteristics which help to prolong oil service life and minimise viscosity increases while in service.
HDAX 9200 is formulated with Group II premium base oil, offering low sulphur, nitrogen and aromatic content, in combination with ashless dispersant and oxidation inhibitors, with a metallic detergent and anti-wear additive system. The product is also formulated to meet catalyst compatibility requirements with low phosphorus levels and is suitable for use with fuels containing low levels of sulphur and chloro-fluoro-carbons (CFC).
HDAX 9200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oil is also approved for use by:
- GE Jenbacher TA 1000-1109, Fuel Class A  for the following engine types and versions:
– Type 3 All Versions – Extended Drain
– Type 4 Versions A, B & C – Extended Drain
– Type 6 All Versions (Including F, G, H) – Extended Drain
- Waukesha – Approved for VGF and VHP engines
- Caterpillar Energy Solutions: Technical Circular 0199-99-2105 (up to 0.6% sulphated ash)
- RMB/Energie: Natural gas
- Caterpillar 3516 E+ and 3516 TALE engines – Proof of Performance gained during extensive field trials
- MTU MTL 5074 for Series 4000 gas engines – preliminary approval