The Racor Division of Parker Hannifin Corporation, the global leader in motion and control technologies, launched a portable pump and filtration system used for polishing of stored diesel fuel in standby power applications.
The Portable Fuel Filtration System is a practical and economical fuel cleaning maintenance tool whose small footprint and portable design provides ‘on the spot’ filtration at the site where it’s needed, while ensuring optimum engine performance, regardless of application.
"Like most fuels, diesel requires filtration prior to use and after long periods of storage. Through its conveniently small footprint and integrated cart design, the Portable Fuel Polishing System delivers high efficiency removal and filtration of harmful contaminants that compromise engine performance delivering value at the job site," said Dan Stibel, Fuel Product Manager for Parker Racor.
Typical target users would include fuel tank cleaning services for stationary and back-up power, bus and truck fleets, anyone who wants clean stored fuel.
"Racor’s experience with diesel filtration has earned the confidence and respect of engine and equipment builders, owners and operators," said Simon Garner, Mobile Market Manager for Parker Racor. "The compact, robust design and tool-less filter changeouts give the customer the ultimate fuel polishing experience," he added.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Removes free and emulsified water from diesel fuel at the site
- Cleanses new fuel before putting it into service at the site
- Allows for easy transfer of fuel from drums or storage tanks to system reservoirs
- Conditions bulk fuel in storage tanks
- System portability provides flexibility for removing water and contaminants from fuel at the site
- Improves and extends fuel life and that of system components
- Increases uptime and decreases cost of ownership by polishing fuel before using
- Provides customer with cost effective way of improving and maintaining diesel fuel quality at the site