Asia-Pacific wind technology contracts in Q2 2019 saw 47 contracts announced, marking a drop of 13% over the last four-quarter average of 54, according to GlobalData's power industry contracts database.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of contracts for the quarter in Asia-Pacific, accounting for 32 contracts and a 68.1% share, followed by Offshore with 15 contracts and a 31.9% share.
The proportion of wind technology contracts by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Project Implementation with 18 contracts and a 38.3% share
- Supply & Erection: 15 contracts and a 31.9% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: six contracts and a 12.8% share
- Electricity Supply: five contracts and a 10.6% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: three contracts and a 6.4% share.
India tops Asia-Pacific wind power contracts activity
India was the top country in the Asia-Pacific region for wind technology contracts recorded in Q2 2019 with 18 contracts and a 38.3% share, followed by Taiwan with 12 contracts and a 25.5% share and Australia with seven contracts and a 14.9% share.
Asia-Pacific wind technology contracts in Q2 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 1,080MW from five contracts
- Taiwan Power (Taiwan): 900MW from one contract
- South Bihar Power Distribution and North Bihar Power Distribution: 800MW capacity from one contract.
Asia-Pacific wind technology contracts in Q2 2019: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 2,410MW from five contracts
- Dongfang Electric Wind Power Co., (China): 1,100MW from one contract
- Orsted (Denmark): 900MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData's Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData's Power database.