Wind technology contracts activity in October 2021 saw 67 contracts announced, marking a drop of 36% over the last 12-month average of 104, according to GlobalData’s power industry contracts database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of contracts for the month, accounting for 44 contracts and a 65.7% share, followed by Offshore with 22 contracts and a 32.8% share. Onshore Repowered stood in third place with one contract and a 1.5% share.
Looking at global power contracts activity divided by the type of technology, wind held the second position in terms of number of contracts during October 2021 with a 31.3% share.
The proportion of contracts by category in the Wind technology tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Supply & Erection: 26 contracts and a 38.8% share
- Project Implementation: 25 contracts and a 37.3% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: ten contracts and a 14.9% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: four contracts and a 6% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: two contracts and a 3% share.
Europe leads wind contracts activity in October 2021
Comparing contracts activity in wind technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 31 contracts and a share of 46.3% during October 2021, followed by Middle East and Africa with 14 contracts and a 20.9% share and Asia-Pacific with 13 contracts and a 19.4% share.
In fourth place was North America with seven contracts and a 10.4% share and in fifth place was South and Central America with two contracts and a 3% share.
Wind technology contracts in October 2021: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of contracts in Wind technology for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Department of Energy, South Africa (South Africa): 1,608MW from 12 contracts
- Energy Bureau of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region: 1,550MW from one contract
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Kazakhstan): 1,000MW capacity from one contract.
Wind technology contracts in October 2021: Top winners by capacity
The top winners of contracts for the month in terms of power capacity involved were:
- H1 Holdings (South Africa): 1,188MW from nine contracts
- Total Eren (France): 1,000MW from one contract
- Orsted (Denmark): 900MW capacity from one contract.
All publicly-announced contracts are included in this analysis drawn from GlobalData’s Power database, which covers power plants, T&D projects, equipment markets, analysis reports, capacity and generation, and tracks tenders and contracts on a real-time basis.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported contracts are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s Power database.