Balam Fund has acquired a 37MW ready-to-build solar project in San Luis Potosi, Mexico, from Dhamma Energy.

Dhamma Energy is developing the power plant under the self-consumption scheme and plans to start construction in the third quarter of 2018.

Based in Mexico, Balam Fund is a private equity fund specialised in investing in renewable energy generation projects, while Damma Energy is a Spanish company engaged in photovoltaic solar energy development.

France-based renewable energy company REDEN Solar has secured project financing of €270m ($313.26m) for refinancing a portfolio of 150 operating solar photovoltaic power plants in France.

Societe Generale, Credit Agricole Group, and Bpifrance provided the 17-year non-recourse financing to REDEN.

REDEN plans to restructure 92 historic loans contracted from 17 banks for the photovoltaic power plants, through the financing.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The company has engaged Astris Finance and Linklaters as its advisors for the transaction.

Scatec Solar and Equinor entered an agreement with Martifer Renewables to acquire the 117MW Guanizuil IIA PV project located in the San Juan Province of Argentina.

The project holds a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with CAMMESA, which is the wholesale power market administrator for Argentina.

“Scatec Solar and Equinor have agreed to fund 40% equity of the plant, with the remaining 60% coming from a construction bridge loan provided by Equinor.”

Scatec Solar and Equinor have agreed to fund 40% equity of the plant, with the remaining 60% coming from a construction bridge loan provided by Equinor.

Maas Companies has agreed to sell the 18MW Buena Vista biomass power plant located at 4655 Coal Mine Road, Ione, California, US, in a sealed bid auction.

Maas Companies is engaged in the liquidation of specialised and renewable assets.

Punjab National Bank (PNB) and a consortium of 18 lenders have agreed to divest 100% of their stake in the Ind-Barath thermal power project located in Tamil Nadu, India, for Rs8.3bn ($121m).

PNB has engaged PNB Investment Services to identify a strategic investor on behalf of the consortium.

Exro Technologies has announced plans to raise C$5m ($3.75m) in a private placement of units to be subscribed by Alumina Partners (Ontario) under a definitive agreement.

Each unit issued under the placement will comprise one common share and one common share purchase warrant, valid for two years and issued at an exercise price of 30% premium over the market price.

The company will have the right to draw down the facility in equity private placement tranches of up to C$0.2m ($0.15m) for a period of 24 months, as part of the transaction.

The proceeds from the placement will be used to accelerate the development of Exro’s technology platform.

Based in Canada, Exro is engaged in developing and commercialising dynamic power management (DPM) technology and system architecture.