Total Power industry deals worth $20.3bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $12.5bn acquisition of Adani New Industries being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 18% over the previous month of $17.2bn and a rise of 28.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $15.74bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 19.87% with 181 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 151 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $13.25bn in June 2022.
Power industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 74.1% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $15.04bn, against the overall value of $20.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Total Energies $12.5bn acquisition deal for 25% stake in Adani New Industries
2) The $969.18m private equity of 25% stake in Repsol Renovables SLU by Credit Agricole Assurances and Energy Infrastructure Partners
3) Climate Adaptive Infrastructure, TPG Rise Climate and Trilantic Capital Management $750m private equity deal with Intersect Power
4) The $418.72m acquisition of Triton Power by Equinor and SSE Thermal
5) Gulf Pacific Power and Harbert Infrastructure Fund VI (“HIF VI”) $400m acquisition deal with DE Shaw Renewable Investments
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.