“WITH THE LATEST IPPC REPORT ON CLIMATE CHANGE SUGGESTING THAT THERE IS NO FUTURE FOR FOSSIL FIRED POWER GENERATION WITHOUT CCS BY THE END OF THE CENTURY, NOW IS THE TIME TO CONSIDER HOW FOSSIL FIRE PLANTS WILL CONTRIBUTE IN THE INTERVENING PERIOD.
Development of Future UK Fossil Power Plants will address the key question of whether there are any technology or fuels developments that could keep fossil fired generation as part of the long-term energy mix.
Topics to be discussed include:
– Lessons from renewables
– What is the best course of action for the UK power market?
– New plants for carbon capture
– Distributed energy security, affordability and sustainability
– Blue-sky thinking: what is the plant of the future?
– Technologies enabling fossil power to continue to contribute to the long-term energy supply”