Metro Elevator is an expert in the refurbishment, service, leasing, rental and repair of rack and pinion hoists and elevators. Metro Elevator can lease or sell you a new or used Alimak or Champion hoist anywhere in the US. We also rent explosion-proof elevators.
In addition, we also provide complete erection, dismantling, maintenance, and technical services.
Rack and pinion hoist / elevator refurbishment
Our refurbishment capabilities for rack and pinion hoists and elevators include:
- Metal work repair and rebuild on car
- Sandblast, strip, prime and repaint
- New bearings, guides on gates and tracks
- Installation of new rollers on cage with grease fittings
- Refurbishment or replacement of tower (ultrasound testing of tower structural integrity)
- Complete re-wire (if necessary) including variable frequency controls
- New car light with emergency battery backup
- Motor disassembly, baked and dipped
- Brake inspection and parts replacement where needed
- Emergency descent brake inspection repair or replacement
- Centrifugal clutch inspection and new pad installation if necessary
- Refurbishment and recertification of safety device (note: required every three years)
- Gate pulley, cable, and latch inspection and repair or replacement
Rack and pinion hoist / elevator service
Metro offers different types of service plans for your rack and pinion hoists and elevators, depending on your requirements. We have done studies of our equipment reliability and have calculated that our operational time verses equipment failure downtime means that we have an operational rate of 99.5% and better. By using Metro to supply, erect, and service your elevators, you can be assured that we will keep you running and respond to any of your needs.
Rack and pinion hoist / elevator repair
Metro Elevator can repair elevators that are not working correctly. Our technicians’ goal is to supply our customers with the most cost-effective resolution to the problem, while minimizing downtime.
Emergencies can happen at any time. In the event of an emergency, such as an elevator stopping between floors, customers subscribing to our emergency phone and monitoring service will have their calls routed directly to our call center where our operators are experts at calming distressed occupants. Upon receiving the call, we will rapidly dispatch the call to the first available on-call elevator mechanic.
Rack and pinion hoist / elevator leasing
Metro leases and sells Alimak and Champion rack and pinion construction elevators for both temporary and permanent installation in all 50 US states. We can also write lease agreements with the option to purchase.
Metro offers a wide range of industrial-grade hoists from Alimak and Champion. Our hoists are widely used for power plants which will periodically be shut down for maintenance.
Rack and pinion hoist / elevator installation
Metro is licensed and trained to install just about any type of elevator you can think of, with particular expertise in the installation of rack and pinion elevators. Some people are looking for an elevator that is designed for a specific purpose; others are looking for a specific type. Regardless, we should be able to provide you with the kind of elevator you are looking for.
We also install industrial lifts for electric power plants for scheduled maintenance projects. Our power plant hoist customers include Duke Energy, AEP, and many more. If you just need a temporary industrial hoist rental for a short period of time, we can lease, erect, and dismantle one for you for the number of weeks you’ll need it.