Operación y Mantenimiento Energy
Power Generation Assets Management and Power Plants Operation & Maintenance Services
Operación y Mantenimiento Energy (O&M Energy) is a 100% subsidiary of Gas Natural Fenosa, which leverages from the Group experience in the power generation assets management, and operations and maintenance (O&M) field, for the benefit of third parties.
Head Office: Paseo del Club Deportivo, 1,
Edificio 5 –pta. baja,
Parque Empresarial La Finca,
28223 Pozuelo Alarcón,
Operación y Mantenimiento Energy (O&M Energy) is a 100% subsidiary of Gas Natural Fenosa, which leverages from the Group experience in the power plant operation and maintenance field, for the benefit of third parties.
O&M Energy applies its know-how and expertise to provide professional services in operation and maintenance of energy generation facilities.
O&M Energy – energy and utilities services
O&M Energy capitalizes on its knowledge and experience to offer professional services in the operation and maintenance of a wide range of power and industrial facilities. These include power generation plants (combined cycle plants, diesel plants, hydraulic and other renewable energy plants), cogeneration plants, water treatment plants, industrial facilities, gas turbines, and LNG plants (regasification and liquefaction).
O&M Energy can provide a variety of operation and maintenance services ranging from full O&M contract provision to discrete O&M activities. Our services range from project development support through mobilisation services to O&M contracts from start-up of commercial operation, supporting the whole project life cycle.
Independent power producers
O&M partners with IPP / IWPP owners as an operator during the whole project, starting with the necessary support during the development phase and continuing with the proper mobilisation and operation and maintenance services to back the owner’s PPA requirements. O&M Energy’s can optionally include a minority in the project shares. Our services during the project development phase are:
- Feasibility studies
- Business plans
- Contract negotiation support (Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA), Fuel Supply Agreement (FSA), Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Design review
We provide all the necessary expertise and resources during the mobilisation phase and power station commissioning. Our services include:
- Staff recruitment
- Commissioning support
- Implementation of in-house management systems
- Operating procedures
- Maintenance plans
- Health and safety and environmental procedures
- Owner support
Plant commercial operations
During power station commercial operation we can provide different operation and maintenance management services:
- Full integral O&M
- O&M services
- O&M consulting
And the following O&M contracts:
- Fixed price (full responsibility for deliverables)
- Fixed price (excl. LTSA or major maintenance provided by OEMs)
- Cost-plus fee base
- Technical services agreement (TSA) providing plant managerial staff
- O&M monitoring centre
Benefits of O&M energy services
- Plan benefit volatility reduction by stabilising O&M cost
- Leveraging from wide experience of Gas Natural Fenosa Group
- Complete range of support from development phase to commercial operation
- Systems designed, implemented and proven on existing sites
- Flexible solutions across full range of technologies
- Demonstrated results- high availability (i.e. CCGT Tuxpan III&IV 96.65% on first year of operation)
O&M Energy experience
- Combined cycle power plants (full O&M contract), including Hermosillo 250MW (Mexico), Naco Nogales 303MW (Mexico) and Tuxpan III & IV 1,000MW (Mexico), and recently La Caridad I&II 500 MW (Mexico)
- Diesel engine power plants (full O&M contract), including Nairobi South 60MW (Kenya), Palamara 102MW (Dominican Republic), La Vega 87.5MW (Dominican Republic) and Mandroseza 40MW (Madagascar)
- Hydroelectric power plant (full O&M contract) at Marcel Laniado de Wind 213MW (Ecuador), at LA JOYA 50MW (Costa Rica), and since 2008 at Bujagali HPP 250 MW (Uganda)
- Water treatment plants (O&M contract), including Hermosillo 400m³/hr (Mexico) and Naco Nogales 500m³/hr (Mexico)
- Industrial power plants and waste treatment facilities (O&M contract), including Sogama 71MW (Spain) and Eneralco 9MW (Spain)
- Thermal Power Plant ("TSA" and O&M Services): at IWPP Rabigh 600MW, 350MIDG (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- O&M Energy also provides services for others renewable energy facilities (O&M management contract). This includes a photovoltaic solar plant at Toledo PV (Spain) as well as wind farms in Spain
Global LNG operator
Gas Natural Fenosa is one of the ten largest European energy multinationals and a leader in the vertical integration of gas and power in Spain and Latin America. It is also the largest global LNG operator in the Atlantic basin.
The company operates in 23 countries around the world, with over 20 million customers (nine million of those in Spain) and an installed capacity of around 17GW.