MYTILINEOS is strategically investing in the national and global goal of the energy transition, putting all its forces at the service of sustainable development. It proceeds towards another key move and transforms the EPC BU – METKA into a new, modern and innovative business unit; the Sustainable Engineering Solutions BU (SES BU) as an autonomous general directorate.
By implementing our strategy, we are strengthening the BU in a fresh direction. Hence, in addition to the construction of thermal power plants and selected construction projects traditionally executed by the BU, our activity is reinforced by the dynamic development of sustainability projects.
- Solid and liquid waste management
- Hybrid and off-grid energy projects
- Energy upgrade projects
- Execution of innovative first-of-kind energy projects (e.g. hydrogen projects)
Aware of the international trends, MYTILINEOS is adapting its unique know-how
to Sustainable Development Solutions and plans:
- To continue to deploy its competitive advantage in the construction of thermal
units and to further develop in the field of transmission & distribution (T&D)
- To grow targeted to the field of infrastructure through PPP projects and activities
that require advanced know-how in view of the major projects that have been
announced in our country within the relaunch of the economy in the post-Covid -19 era.
To better support our strategic plan, we proceed to changes in the organisational structure based on four key features:
- Flexible and efficient shape
- Emphasis on optimising project execution costs
- Distinction of responsibilities and performance management
- Maximising synergies with the rest of the business units (metallurgy, electric power and natural gas, renewables and storage development) and with the rest of the central functions (legal, treasury, HR, finance, communication and M&A).
As defined in its mission statement, MYTILINEOS operates in local and international markets, showing resourcefulness, efficiency and respect for the environment and for the society. With the contribution of its new sustainable engineering solutions business unit, MYTILINEOS seeks to continue to create value for its shareholders, its employees and for the whole of the Greek economy.