China’s power industry saw a rise of 109.1% in overall deal activity during Q4 2019, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 46 deals worth $700.97m were announced in Q4 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 22 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 36 deals which accounted for 78.3% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with ten deals which accounted for 21.7% of overall deal activity in the country’s power industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in China’s power industry with total deals worth $690.91m, while private equity deals totalled $10.06m.
China power industry deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 62.4% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $437.15m, against the overall value of $700.97m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beiqing Clean Energy InvestmentLimited’s $177.74m asset transaction with Zhongrong International Trust
2) The $122.7m acquisition of Dongying Kunyu Energy TechnologyLimited by Dongying Kunyu New Energy TechnologyLimited
3) Guotou Electric Holding’s $63.23m asset transaction with Kong Sun Yongtai Investment Holdings
4) The $38.74m acquisition of Harbin Electric Machinery by Harbin Electric
5) China Nuclear Shandong Energy’s acquisition of Tongdao Century Concord Wind Power for $34.73m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.