Total power industry M&A deals in Q2 2020 worth $4.73bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 479.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 408.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $932.72m.
China held a 30.1% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $15.72bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 27 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 80% over the previous quarter and a rise of 17.4% over the last four-quarter average.
China power industry M&A deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 94.6% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $4.47bn, against the overall value of $4.73bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Volkswagen’s $1.21bn acquisition of Guoxuan High-tech
2) The $1.21bn acquisition of Gotion High-tech by Volkswagen
3) ‘s $1.07bn merger of Fujian Huadian Furui Energy Development and Huadian Fuxin Energy
4) The $883.6m acquisition of Taicang GCL Waste Incineration Power Generation by Taicang City Investment Environmental Protection Construction Investment
5) Hebei Jinxi Iron and Steel GroupLimited’s acquisition of Qingdao Huijintong Power EquipmentLimited for $90.22m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.