Total power industry M&A deals in Q4 2019 worth $690.91m were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 45.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 41.4% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.18bn.
China held a 2% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $35.09bn in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 36 deals during Q4 2019, marking a rise of 111.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 100% over the last four-quarter average.
China power industry M&A deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 63.3% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $437.15m, against the overall value of $690.91m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beiqing Clean Energy InvestmentLimited’s $177.74m asset transaction with Zhongrong International Trust
2) The $122.7m acquisition of Dongying Kunyu Energy TechnologyLimited by Dongying Kunyu New Energy TechnologyLimited
3) Guotou Electric Holding’s $63.23m asset transaction with Kong Sun Yongtai Investment Holdings
4) The $38.74m acquisition of Harbin Electric Machinery by Harbin Electric
5) China Nuclear Shandong Energy’s acquisition of Tongdao Century Concord Wind Power for $34.73m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.