Total power industry M&A deals in Q4 2020 worth $683.03m were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 122.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 50.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $1.37bn.
China held a 1% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $71.16bn in Q4 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 39 deals during Q4 2020, marking a rise of 69.6% over the previous quarter and a rise of 39.3% over the last four-quarter average.
China power industry M&A deals in Q4 2020: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 64.9% of the overall value during Q4 2020.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $442.95m, against the overall value of $683.03m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Huizhou Yiwei Lithium Energy’s $146.17m acquisition of Hubei Yiwei Power
2) The $101.89m acquisition of Shihezi Zezhong Water by Xinjiang Tianfu Energy
3) Nanchang Municipal Public Investment Holding Group’s $71.64m acquisition of Jiangxi Hongcheng Water Industry
4) The $70.06m acquisition of Guodian Power Jiuquan Power Generation by National Energy Group Gansu Electric Power
5) Hunan Xinhua Water Conservancy Electric Power and Jia Wei (Shanghai) Photovoltaic Power’s acquisition of Ningxia Qingyang New Energy for $53.19m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.