Europe’s power industry saw a drop of 25.53% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by KKRInc’s $2.52bn acquisition of Albioma, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 35 power industry deals worth $3.6bn were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 47 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 17 transactions, representing a 48.6% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 11 deals, followed by private equity deals with seven transactions, respectively capturing a 31.4% and 20% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s power industry with $2.52bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $925.78m and $130.76m, respectively.
Europe power industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 96.5% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $3.45bn, against the overall value of $3.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KKRInc $2.52bn private equity deal with Albioma
2) The $652.6m venture financing of Enel by European Investment Bank
3) Blue Elephant Capital,btov Partners,eCAPITAL,Eurazeo,Haniel and Schuerfeld families and Porsche Ventures $217.53m venture financing deal with 1KOMMA5°
4) The $30m acquisition of Nispera by Fluence Energy
5) Borosil Renewables $29.78m acquisition deal with Interfloat