Europe’s power industry saw a rise of 6.98% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Rusatom Infrastructure Solutions’ $335.14m acquisition of 82.4% stake in Quadra – Power Generation, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 46 power industry deals worth $1.4bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 18 transactions, representing a 39.1% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 17 deals, followed by private equity deals with 11 transactions, respectively capturing a 37% and 23.9% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s power industry with $750.6m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $335.4m and $291.92m, respectively.
Europe power industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 50.4% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $694.81m, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Rusatom Infrastructure Solutions $335.14m acquisition of 82.5% stake in Quadra – Power Generation
2) The $227.37m private equity deal with Hy2gen by Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec,Hy24,Mirova and Technip Energies
3) BGF Ventures,HydrogenOne Capital Growth,IP Group,Parkwalk Advisors and UCL Technology Fund $47.42m venture financing deal with Bramble Energy
4) The $45.36m private equity deal with Oryx Power by Global Realty Capital
5) Albert Wenger,Earlybird Venture Capital GmbHKG,Hartmut Neven,Heinz Durr Invest,Nicolas Berggruen,OU Notorious,Possible Ventures,PRIMEPULSE,Siemens Energy,Thales Deutschland,Thistledown Capital and Trumpf GmbH + Co $39.53m venture financing deal with Marvel Fusion
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.