Germany’s power industry saw a rise of 23.1% in overall deal activity during Q3 2019, when compared with the last four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 deals worth $124.9m were announced in Q3 2019, compared to the last four-quarter average of 26 deals.
M&A was the leading category in the quarter with 25 deals which accounted for 78.1% of all deals.
In second place was venture financing with four deals, followed by private equity with three transactions, respectively accounting for 12.5% and 9.4% of overall deal activity in the country’s power industry during the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in Germany’s power industry with total deals worth $92.04m, followed by private equity deals totalled $32.86m.
Germany power industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $124.9m, against the overall value of $124.9m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ERG Windpark Beteiligungs’ $92.04m asset transaction with Aquila Capital Concepts
2) The $18.95m venture financing of Hydrogenious Technologies by AP Ventures, Covestro, Koninklijke Vopak and Mitsubishi
3) BayWa r.e. Energy Ventures, Heartcore Capital, Inven Capital SICAV, Partech Ventures and Statkraft Ventures’ $11.14m venture financing of ZOLAR
4) The $2.22m venture financing of ME Energy â Liquid Electricity by BFB Brandenburg Kapital
5) Hands-on’s venture financing of Redavia for $0.56m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.