Total power industry cross border deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally for July 2021, with the $240m private equity deal with Arctic Green Energy being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 87.4% over the previous month of $8.79bn and a drop of 81.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.01bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 20.00% with 28 deals in July 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 35 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $613.17m in July 2021.
power industry cross border deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 72.9% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $805.75m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry cross border deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arctic Green Energy $240m private equity deal with GIC
2) The $219m private equity of 19.4% stake in Azure Power Global by OMERS Infrastructure Asia Holdings
3) Verkor $118.63m venture financing deal with Arkema,Capgemini,Demeter Partners,EQT Ventures Fund,Government of France,Groupe IDEC,Groupe Renault,KIC InnoEnergy,Schneider Electric and Tokai Cobex
4) Enpal $118.12m venture financing deal with Christopher Muhr,E.R. CAPITAL HOLDING GmbH & Cie.,FRIBA InvestmentKG,Heliad Equity Partners GmbHKGaA,HV Capital Adviser,Peter Rive and Thomas Griesel
5) The $110m private equity of TrueGreen Group by Tor Investment Management
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.