Total Power industry cross border deals worth $3.3bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $894m private equity deal with Midland Cogeneration VenturePartnership being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.6% over the previous month of $16.93bn and a drop of 62.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.69bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.12% with 46 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 49 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.69bn in July 2022.
Power industry cross border deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 78.9% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.6bn, against the overall value of $3.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry cross border deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Capital Power and Manulife Infrastructure Fund II $894m private equity deal with Midland Cogeneration VenturePartnership
2) The $702.93m acquisition of Ostwind Engineering,Ostwind Erneuerbare Energien,Ostwind International and Ostwindpark Rotmainquelle GmbHKG by Orsted
3) Partners Group $500m private equity deal with Budderfly
4) The $250m venture financing of Blu-Smart Mobility by BP Ventures
5) D.C.),Chevron,Google,Reimagined Ventures,Sumitomoof Americas (Washington and TIFF Investment Management $250m venture financing deal with TAE Technologies