Total power industry cross border deals worth $7.4bn were announced globally for November 2021, with the $2.4bn private equity deal with FirstEnergy Transmission being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 27.9% over the previous month of $10.2bn and a drop of 17.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.92bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 35.71% with 27 deals in November 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 42 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.21bn in November 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
power industry cross border deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 96% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $7.05bn, against the overall value of $7.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry cross border deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management $2.4bn private equity deal for 19.9% stake in FirstEnergy Transmission
2) The $2.3bn acquisition of 97.3% stake in Eolia Renovables de Inversiones SCR by Credit Agricole Assurances and Engie
3) GIC,Primavera Capital and Sequoia Capital US $1bn private equity deal for 97.3% stake in Envision Group
4) The $695.5m acquisition of Sunseap Group by EDP Renovaveis
5) Array Technologies $658.04m acquisition deal with STI Norland