Total power industry cross border venture financing deals worth $813.9m were announced globally in Q2 2021, led by $550m venture financing of Polestar Performance, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 180.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 256.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $228.24m.
Comparing cross border deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals worth $632.84m in the period. At the country level, the Sweden topped the list in terms of deal value at $550m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for power industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in Q2 2021 was the US with five deals, followed by the UK with three and Canada with three.
In 2021, at the end of , cross border venture financing deals worth $813.9m were announced globally in power industry, marking a decrease of 304% year on year.
Cross Border venture financing deals in power industry in Q2 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals in power industry accounted for 87.3% of the overall value during Q2 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border venture financing deals stood at $710.91m, against the overall value of $813.9m recorded for the quarter.
The top five power industry cross border venture financing deals of Q2 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) I Cube Capital, Zibo Financial Holding and Zibo Hightech Industrial Investment’s $550m venture financing of Polestar Performance
2) The $56.8m venture financing of 24M Technologies by Fujifilm, Global Power Synergy Public, Itochu, Kyocera, Mirai Creation Fund II and North Bridge Venture Partners
3) Coatue Management, Narrative Fund, Real Ventures and Western Technology Investment’s $40m venture financing of Ossiaco
4) The $34.11m venture financing of Skeleton Technologies by Adyen, KIC InnoEnergy and Marubeni
5) QED Investors and Valor Capital Group’ venture financing of Solfacil Energia Solar Tecnologia e Servicos Financeiros for $30m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.