Total power industry deals for April 2020 worth $4.92bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 41% over the previous month and a drop of 54.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.75bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 31.7% over the last 12-month average with 108 deals against the average of 158 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $2.23bn.
Power industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 81.5% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $4.01bn, against the overall value of $4.92bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) State Grid International Development’s $2.23bn acquisition of Chilquinta Energia and Tecnored
2) The $680m asset transaction with Xcel Energy by Southwest Generation Operating Company
3) Acciona and AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets’ $484.79m acquisition of Acciona Energia Internacional
4) The $395.46m asset transaction with Vattenfall Wind Power by Greencoat UK Wind
5) Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy’s acquisition of Ria Blades for $217.15m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.