Total power industry deals for December 2019 worth $18.35bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.2% over the previous month and a rise of 76.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.39bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.1% over the last 12-month average with 175 deals against the average of 159 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $8.34bn.
Power industry deals in December 2019: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 57.1% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $10.47bn, against the overall value of $18.35bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) WESCO International’s $4.52bn acquisition of Anixter International
2) The $2.45bn asset transaction with Energias de Portugal by Credit Agricole Assurances, Engie and Mirova
3) Amazon.com, BlackRock, Ford Motor and T Rowe Price Associates’ $1.3bn private equity deal with Rivian Automotive
4) The $1.11bn acquisition of Sorgenia by Asterion Industrial Partners SGEIC and F2i SGR
5) Culligan International’s acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings for $1.1bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.