Total power industry deals for June 2020 worth $4.91bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 3.4% over the previous month and a drop of 53.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 35.1% over the last 12-month average with 98 deals against the average of 151 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $2.59bn.
Power industry deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 64.9% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $3.19bn, against the overall value of $4.91bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The merger of Fujian Huadian Furui Energy Development and Huadian Fuxin Energy for $1.07bn
2) The $883.6m acquisition of Taicang GCL Waste Incineration Power Generation by Taicang City Investment Environmental Protection Construction Investment
3) Diamond Transmission Partners Walney Extension’s $555.6m asset transaction with Orsted, PFA Holding and PKA
4) The $379.5m acquisition of National Electric Vehicle Sweden by Evergrande Health Industry Group
5) The merger of Middle Tennessee Electric Membership and Murfreesboro Electric Department for $302m
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.