Total power industry deals for November 2020 worth $8.76bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 54.8% over the previous month and a drop of 21.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.16bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.8% over the last 12-month average with 135 deals against the average of 148 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.97bn.
Power industry deals in November 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 54.4% of the overall value during November 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $4.77bn, against the overall value of $8.76bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of November 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KKR &Inc and Nextera Energy Partners‘ $1.3bn asset transaction with NextEra Energy Resources
2) The $1.25bn private equity deal with Equis Development by Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Equis and Ontario Teachers Pension Plan Board
3) Everwood Capital SGEIC’s $889.75m asset transaction with Proyectos de Instalaciones Electricas
4) The $860.49m asset transaction with RWE by Greencoat UK Wind
5) Snam‘s acquisition of Industrie De Nora for $469.89m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.