Total power industry deals for Q3 2019 worth $27.14bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 37.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 19.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $33.8bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.7% over the last four-quarter average with 441 deals against the average of 444 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $10.15bn.
Power industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 44.8% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $12.17bn, against the overall value of $27.14bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Yangtze Power International (Hong Kong)’s $3.59bn acquisition of Inland Energy SAC, Luz Del Sur SAA and Tecsur
2) The $3.15bn acquisition of Radius Elnet by SEAS-NVE Holding
3) Ontario Power Generation’s $2.18bn asset transaction with TransCanada Energy
4) The $2bn asset transaction with Invenergy by Public Serviceof Oklahoma and Southwestern Electric Power
5) Antin Infrastructure Partners’ asset transaction with Veolia Energy North America Holdings for $1.25bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.