Total power industry deals for September 2020 worth $8.09bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 148.2% over the previous month and a drop of 23.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.6bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 2.8% over the last 12-month average with 141 deals against the average of 145 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.54bn.
Power industry deals in September 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 52.9% of the overall value during September 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $4.28bn, against the overall value of $8.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of September 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) BP’s $1.1bn asset transaction with Equinor
2) The $980m acquisition of Greenko Group by ORIX
3) OPC Energy’s $800m acquisition of Competitive Power Ventures
4) The $735m asset transaction with Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners and Invenergy by Alpha Asset Management Mutual Funds ManagementS.A., Hana Financial Investment, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power, Korea Investment & Securities and Sprott Korea
5) NextEra Energy’s acquisition of GridLiance for $660m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.