Total power industry deals worth $10.2bn were announced globally for January 2022, with the $3bn private equity deal with Invenergy Renewables being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 44.3% over the previous month of $18.31bn and a drop of 47.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.28bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 24.06% with 165 deals in January 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 133 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $7.54bn in January 2022.
power industry deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 55.2% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.63bn, against the overall value of $10.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Blackstone Infrastructure Partners $3bn private equity deal with Invenergy Renewables
2) The $775m private equity of Silicon Ranch by John Hancock,Manulife Infrastructure Fund II,Mountain Group Partners,Shell U.K. and TD Greystone Infrastructure Fund (Global Master)
3) Brookfield Renewable $650m acquisition deal with Urban Grid Solar
4) The $608m acquisition of New York American WaterInc by Liberty Utilities (Eastern Water Holdings)
5) Eaton Corporation $600m acquisition deal with Royal Power Solutions