Total power industry deals worth $10.4bn were announced globally for June 2021, with Alecta Pensionsforsakring Omsesidigt, APG Groep, Axa Real Estate Investment Managers, Keva and PGGM’s $3.46bn private equity deal for 50% Stake in Stockholm Exergi being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 102.9% over the previous month of $5.13bn and a drop of 26.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $14.13bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 27.93% with 80 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 111 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $8.81bn in June 2021.
Power industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 89.3% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $9.29bn, against the overall value of $10.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alecta Pensionsforsakring Omsesidigt, APG Groep, Axa Real Estate Investment Managers, Keva and PGGM’s $3.46bn private equity deal for 50% Stake in Stockholm Exergi
2) The $2.75bn private equity deal with Northvolt by AMF Pensionsforsakring, AP1, Baillie Gifford, Baron Capital Management, Bridford Investments, Compagnia di San Paolo, Cristina Stenbeck, Daniel Ek, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, IMAS Foundation, KIC InnoEnergy, Norrsken VC, OMERS Capital Markets, PCS, Scania, Second Swedish National Pension Fund, Stena Metall, The Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund, The Third Swedish National Pension Fund (Tredje AP-fonden) and Volkswagen
3) Veleta BidCo S.a’s $1.29bn acquisition of SolarPack Corporacion Tecnologica
4) The $1.15bn acquisition deal of Bristol Water and Bristol Water Holdings UK by Pennon Group
5) Prolec GE International S de RL de CV’s acquisition deal with SPX Transformer Solutions for $645m.