Total power industry deals worth $16.4bn were announced globally for October 2021, with the $2.85bn acquisition of AEP Transmission Co and Kentucky Power being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 60% over the previous month of $41.01bn and a drop of 11.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $18.56bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 35.29% with 77 deals in October 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 119 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $6.47bn in October 2021.
power industry deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 65.7% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $10.79bn, against the overall value of $16.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Liberty Utilities $2.85bn acquisition deal with AEP Transmission Co and Kentucky Power
2) The $2.44bn private equity of HEDNO by Macquarie Infrastructure Partners V
3) Kohlberg Kravis RobertsLP $1.9bn private equity deal with Clearway Community Energy Development
4) The $1.8bn acquisition of Japan Renewable Energy by ENEOS Holdings
5) The Infrastructure Investments Fund $1.8bn private equity deal with Falck Renewables