Total power industry deals worth $8.09bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $2.19bn asset transaction with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 32.3% over the previous month of $11.95bn and a drop of 39.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $13.47bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.17% with 152 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 162 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.65bn in February 2021.
Power industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 61.8% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5bn, against the overall value of $8.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) IFM Investors and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan’s $2.19bn asset transaction with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
2) The $963m private equity deal with Aegion by New Mountain Capital
3) ArcLight Capital Partners’ $760m asset transaction with NRG Energy
4) The $651.25m acquisition deal of Pinnacle Renewable Energy by Drax Group
5) China Huadian’s acquisition deal with Huadian Ningxia Lingwu Power GenerationLimited for $437.21m.
Visit our ‘Power Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the power industry.