Total power industry deals worth $8.1bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $3.15bn acquisition of Renewable Energy Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.7% over the previous month of $10.3bn and a drop of 55.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $18.03bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 0.74% with 136 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 135 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5bn in February 2022.
power industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 60.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.9bn, against the overall value of $8.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chevron $3.15bn acquisition deal with Renewable Energy Group
2) The $686m acquisition of Aela Energia by Innergex Renewable Energy
3) Bennett &Inc.,ArcTern Ventures ,Gaingels,Lerer Hippeau Ventures,MacKinnon and Social Capital $375m venture financing deal with Palmetto Solar
4) The $350m private equity deal with Romeo Power by Yorkville Advisors
5) Rusatom Infrastructure Solutions $335.14m acquisition of 82.4% stake in Quadra – Power Generation