Total power industry deals worth $8.1bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $3.15bn acquisition of Renewable Energy Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.7% over the previous month of $10.3bn and a drop of 55.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $18.03bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 0.74% with 136 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 135 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5bn in February 2022.
power industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 60.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.9bn, against the overall value of $8.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chevron $3.15bn acquisition deal with Renewable Energy Group
2) The $686m acquisition of Aela Energia by Innergex Renewable Energy
3) Bennett &Inc.,ArcTern Ventures ,Gaingels,Lerer Hippeau Ventures,MacKinnon and Social Capital $375m venture financing deal with Palmetto Solar
4) The $350m private equity deal with Romeo Power by Yorkville Advisors
5) Rusatom Infrastructure Solutions $335.14m acquisition of 82.4% stake in Quadra – Power Generation
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.