Total Power industry deals worth $8.9bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the Ardian’s $1.42bn private equity deal with GreenYellow being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 58.6% over the previous month of $21.55bn and a drop of 47.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $16.88bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 1.26% with 157 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 159 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $4.72bn in July 2022.
Power industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 54% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.82bn, against the overall value of $8.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ardian $1.42bn private equity deal with GreenYellow
2) The $1.1bn acquisition of Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives by MasTec
3) Capital Power and Manulife Infrastructure Fund II $894m private equity deal with Midland Cogeneration VenturePartnership
4) The $702.93m acquisition of Ostwind Engineering,Ostwind Erneuerbare Energien,Ostwind International and Ostwindpark Rotmainquelle GmbHKG by Orsted
5) BlackRock Real Assets $700m private equity deal with Vanguard Renewables