Total Power industry deals worth $9.67bn were announced globally for April 2022, with KKRInc $2.52bn private equity deal with Albioma being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 42.4% over the previous month of $6.79bn and a drop of 33.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $14.59bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 18.06% with 118 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 144 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.76bn in April 2022.
Power industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 60.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $5.83bn, against the overall value of $9.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five Power industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KKRInc $2.52bn private equity deal with Albioma
2) The $1.55bn acquisition of Solenergi Power by Shell Overseas Investments
3) European Investment Bank $652.6m venture financing deal with Enel
4) The $580m acquisition of Dynapower Co by Sensata Technologies Holding
5) BlackRock Real Assets and Mubadala Investment $525m private equity deal with Tata Power Renewable Energy