Total power industry M&A deals worth $2.1bn were announced in the US in April 2021, with Nextera Energy Partners’ $733m asset transaction with Brookfield Renewable Partners being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 55% over the previous month of $4.6bn and a drop of 47.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.96bn.
The US held a 23.71% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $8.73bn in April 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 31 deals during April 2021, marking an increase of 10.71% over the previous month and a drop of 3.13% over the 12-month average.
US power industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 93.5% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $1.94bn, against the overall value of $2.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Nextera Energy Partners’ $733m asset transaction with Brookfield Renewable Partners
2) The $396m asset transaction for 55% stake in EDP Renovaveis by Greencoat Capital
3) Allen Media Broadcasting’ $380m asset transaction with Gray Television and Quincy Media.
4) The $235m asset transaction with York City Sewer Authority by Pennsylvania American Water
5) Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure’s asset transaction with OMERS Infrastructure Management for $195.5m.
Visit our ‘Power Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the power industry.