Total power industry M&A deals worth $2.5bn were announced in Europe in June 2021, led by Veleta BidCo S.a’s $1.29bn acquisition of SolarPack Corporacion Tecnologica, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 476.8% over the previous month of $438.65m and a drop of 42.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.41bn.
Europe held a 68.19% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.71bn in June 2021. With a 34.77% share and deals worth $1.29bn, Spain was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across power industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 20 deals during June 2021, marking a decrease of 20.00% over the previous month and a drop of 13.04% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded five deals during the month.
Europe power industry M&A deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 99.9% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $2.52bn, against the overall value of $2.53bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Veleta BidCo S.a’s $1.29bn acquisition of SolarPack Corporacion Tecnologica
2) The $1.15bn acquisition of Bristol Water and Bristol Water Holdings UK by Pennon Group
3) Advent Technologies Holdings’ $62.04m acquisition of fischer eco solutions and Serenergy
4) The $15.57m acquisition of 41.13% stake in Helbio Holdings by Metacon
5) Falck Renewables’ acquisition of 60% stake in SAET for $6.67m.