Total power industry M&A deals worth $2.9bn were announced in Europe in September 2022, led by Hitachi’s $1.68bn acquisition of 19.9% stake in Hitachi Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 30.2% over the previous month of $2.25bn and a drop of 37% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.65bn.
Europe held a 34.72% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $8.44bn in September 2022. With a 19.91% share and deals worth $1.68bn, Switzerland was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across power industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 52 deals during September 2022, marking an increase of 8.33% over the previous month and a drop of 16.13% over the 12-month average. Germany recorded 12 deals during the month.
Europe power industry M&A deals in September 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during September 2022.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $2.6bn, against the overall value of $2.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of September 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hitachi’s $1.68bn acquisition deal for 19.9% stake in Hitachi Energy
2) The $705.01m asset transaction of 49% stake in Iberdrola by Energy Infrastructure Partners
3) FleetCor Technologies’s $75.21m acquisition deal with PlugSurfing
4) The $71.2m asset transaction deal with Enery Power by Jade Power Administrator
5) Innergex Renewable Energy’s $70.33m asset transaction deal for 30.5% stake in Wind Portfolio