Total power industry M&A deals worth $2bn were announced in the US in January 2022, with Brookfield Renewable’s $650m acquisition of Urban Grid Solar being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 21% over the previous month of $1.62bn and a rise of 27.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.54bn.
The US held a 48.76% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $4.02bn in January 2022.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 28 deals during January 2022, marking an increase of 21.74% over the previous month and a rise of 64.71% over the 12-month average.
US power industry M&A deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 99.2% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $1.95bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Renewable $650m acquisition deal with Urban Grid Solar
2) The $608m acquisition of New York American WaterInc by Liberty Utilities (Eastern Water Holdings)
3) Eaton Corporation $600m acquisition deal with Royal Power Solutions
4) The $63m acquisition of Solar Innovations by Fortune Brands Home & Security
5) Novonix $25m acquisition deal with KORE Power