Total power industry M&A deals worth $3.7bn were announced globally in August 2022, led by RH International (Singapore) Corp’s $1bn acquisition of Nexif Energy Holdings and NXF Holdings 2, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.3% over the previous month of $2.96bn and a drop of 59% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $9.04bn.
Comparing M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.6bn. At the country level, the UK topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.01bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for power industry M&A deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of M&A deals activity in August 2022 was the US with 16 deals, followed by the UK with six and India with six.
In 2022, as of August, power M&A deals worth $53.19bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 33% year on year.
power industry M&A deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five M&A deals accounted for 75.1% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $2.78bn, against the overall value of $3.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) RH International (Singapore) Corp’s $1bn acquisition deal with Nexif Energy Holdings and NXF Holdings 2
2) The $880.63m acquisition of DB Power by Adani Power
3) International Holding’s $490m acquisition deal for 50% stake in Kalyon Enerji Yatirimlari
4) The $241.96m acquisition of Energest by VH Global Sustainable Energy Opportunities
5) ABM Industries’s $170m acquisition deal with RavenVolt