Total power industry M&A deals worth $4.6bn were announced in the US in March 2021, with PPL’s $3.8bn acquisition of The Narragansett Electric being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 33.3% over the previous month of $3.45bn and a rise of 27.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.61bn.
The US held a 21.38% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $21.52bn in March 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 27 deals during March 2021, marking a decrease of 22.86% over the previous month and a drop of 15.63% over the 12-month average.
US power industry M&A deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $4.6bn, against the overall value of $4.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PPL’s $3.8bn acquisition of The Narragansett Electric
2) The $760m asset transaction with NRG Energy by ArcLight Capital Partners
3) New Jersey American Water’ $21.8m asset transaction with CITY OF and EGG HARBOR CITY.
4) The $11m acquisition of Element one by Ardmore Shipping
5) Digihost Technology’s asset transaction with for $4.25m.