Total power industry M&A deals worth $920.91m were announced in the US in February 2021, with ArcLight Capital Partners’ $760m asset transaction with NRG Energy being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 59.8% over the previous month of $2.29bn and a drop of 73.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.45bn.
The US held a 15.17% share of the global power industry M&A deal value that totalled $6.07bn in February 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the US recorded 29 deals during February 2021, marking a decrease of 30.95% over the previous month and a drop of 3.33% over the 12-month average.
US power industry M&A deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five power industry M&A deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five power M&A deals stood at $920.91m, against the overall value of $920.91m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry M&A deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ArcLight Capital Partners’ $760m asset transaction with NRG Energy
2) The $118.51m asset transaction with Wolverine Energy and Infrastructure by Blackheath Resources
3) ECOFINRENEWABLES INFRASTRUCTURE TRUST PLC’ $24.5m asset transaction for acquisition of SEED ASSET.
4) The $17.1m acquisition of Solar Watt Solutions by CleanSpark
5) Ocean Power Technologies’ acquisition of 3dent technology for $0.8m.
Visit our ‘Power Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the power industry.