Total power industry private equity deals in Q2 2020 worth $516.38m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 93.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 92.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $6.89bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Middle East and Africa held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $235m. At the country level, Israel topped the list in terms of deal value at $225m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for power industry private equity deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in Q2 2020 was the US with four deals, followed by Canada with three and Israel with two.
In 2020, as of the end of Q2 2020, power private equity deals worth $8.99bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 13.6% year on year.
Power industry private equity deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five power industry private equity deals accounted for 89.7% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five power private equity deals stood at $463.14m, against the overall value of $516.38m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) KKR &Inc’s $189.79m private equity deal with First Gen
2) The $175m private equity deal with SolarEdge Technologies by BlackRock
3) AFCON Holdings, Alpha Fund, Safra and Sphera Funds Management’s $50m private equity deal with ElectReon Wireless
4) The $30m private equity deal with Canadian Solar by Cooperation and Development Fund
5) Beijing Guofa Aviation Engine Industry Investment Fund Center (Limited Partnership), China Nuclear Power (Zhejiang) Emerging Industries Equity Investment Fund (Limited Partnership), Shanghai Junmin Convergence Industry Equity Investment Fund Partnership Enterprise (Limited Partnership), Shanghai State-owned Enterprise Reform and Development Equity Investment Fund Partnership (Limited Partnership) and Tellhow Group’s private equity deal with Tellhow Sci-tech for $18.35m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.