Total power industry private equity deals worth $3.6bn were announced globally in August 2022, with EastBridge Partners, Korea Investment Partners and Stella Investments’ $1.52bn private equity deal with SK Innovation being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 2.4% over the previous month of $3.7bn and a drop of 30.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $5.22bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2bn. At the country level, the Republic of Korea (South Korea) topped the list in terms of deal value at $2bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in August 2022 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the UK with six and Republic of Korea (South Korea) with two.
In 2022, as of August, power private equity deals worth $31.33bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 40.4% year on year.
power industry private equity deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five power industry private equity deals accounted for 85.2% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five power private equity deals stood at $3.08bn, against the overall value of $3.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry private equity deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) EastBridge Partners, Korea Investment Partners and Stella Investments’s $1.52bn private equity deal with SK Innovation
2) The $500m private equity of Longroad Energy Holdings by Infratil, MEAG Munich Ergo AssetManagement and New Zealand Superannuation Fund
3) Keppel Asia Infrastructure Fund, Keppel Infrastructure Holdings and Keppel Infrastructure Trust’s $482.1m private equity deal with Ltd. and Eco-Management Korea Co.
4) The $324.8m private equity deal for 50.01% stake in Borkum Riffgrund 2 by Keppel and Keppel Infrastructure Fund Management
5) Warburg Pincus’s $250m private equity deal with Montana Renewables