Total power industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020 worth $514.08m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 0.1% over the previous quarter and a drop of 15.1% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $606.18m.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $328.92m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $322.59m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2020 was the US with 34 deals, followed by the UK with seven and Canada with five.
In 2020, as of the end of Q3 2020, power venture financing deals worth $1.41bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 74.1% year on year.
Power industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 47.9% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $246m, against the overall value of $514.08m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) American Electric PowerInc, Braemar Energy Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, ClearVision Equity Partners, GIC, Linse Capital and Quantum Energy Partners’ $127m venture financing of ChargePoint
2) The $35m venture financing of Natron Energy by ABB Technology Ventures, Chevron Technology Ventures, Khosla Ventures, NanoDimension Capital, Prelude Ventures and Volta Energy Technologies
3) U.S. International Development Finance’s $35m venture financing of Lumos Global
4) The $29m venture financing of Palmetto Solar by ArcTern Ventures, BoxGroup, Evergy Ventures, Falkon Ventures, Greycroft Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and Shell Ventures
5) T. J. Rodgers’ venture financing of Enovix for $20m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.