Total power industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019 worth $496.56m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 47.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 53.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $1.07bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $427.19m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $317.6m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for power industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q4 2019 was the US with 36 deals, followed by China with ten and Canada with five.
In 2019, as of the end of Q4 2019, power venture financing deals worth $4.26bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 176.1% year on year.
Power industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five power industry venture financing deals accounted for 45.1% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five power venture financing deals stood at $223.95m, against the overall value of $496.56m recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bezos Expeditions, Braemar Energy Ventures, Business Development Bank of Canada, Chrysalix Energy Venture Capital, Disruptive Technology Advisers, DLF, Entrepreneurs Fund, Gimv, Hatch, I2BF Global Ventures, Khazanah Nasional, SET Ventures, Strategic Innovation Fund and Temasek Investments’ $102.95m venture financing of General Fusion
2) The $32m venture financing of Sunfolding by G2VP and Macquarie Group
3) BASF Venture Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Cycle Capital Management (Round Capital), Evergy Ventures, IPM Group, Pangaea Ventures, Presidio Partners, PTT Global Chemical Public and SB Energy’s $30m venture financing of ESS
4) The $30m venture financing of Arcadia Power by BoxGroup, Energy Impact Partners, G2VP, Macquarie Group, Mitsui &(USA) Inc, Seek Ventures and ValueAct Spring Fund
5) Grand Oaks Capital, IMPACT CAPITAL, Varia Ventures and Western New York Impact Investment Fund’s venture financing of Viridi Parente for $29m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.